What are Invisible Braces / Clear Aligners
What are Clear Aligners or Invisible Braces or Transparent Braces?
Digital technology and personalized aligners help patients get the near perfect aligner at every step of the tooth movement process.
To get clear aligner, you need to visit the dental clinic for a consultation with a dentist. The dentist at the clinic will first examine your smile and dental health. If your teeth are slightly misaligned, then only the dentist will suggest for clear aligners. If your teeth are capable of getting aligners dentist will get scan or impression of your teeth. Your clear aligners are then custom designed and manufactured using a 3D scanner. The dentist at the clinic is in complete control of the treatment and will update and make necessary changes as the treatment progresses over time.
You will be provided with a set multiple of aligners as the treatment progresses. You need to keep changing the aligners every two weeks. Every successive change in the aligner set will move your teeth by a small amount.
To get a fine result, you must wear clear aligners throughout the day and remove them while eating, drinking, brushing, flossing, or for special occasions. The aligners give you the comfort of removing them whenever you want. But it is better to wear them for at least 22hours in a day. Also, since they are transparent, they are almost invisible and hence keeps your smile confident and perfect.
Clear Aligner Pros:
- Clear Aligners are an invisible set of braces and hence, gives a great aesthetics while smiling.
- You can remove the aligners when you brush, eat, floss, etc.
- The treatment time is generally short than traditional braces.
- You need fewer visits to the dentist as compared to traditional braces.
- Aligners leads to less discomfort than with traditional braces.
Clear Aligner Cons:
- Clear Aligners are more expensive than other braces.
- You have a chance of misplacing aligners since you can remove them.
- They can cause discomfort for weeks since they fit snugly on the teeth.
Why choose Sabka dentist for Invisible Braces?
- Customized Fit: Invisible braces are man-made to suit an individual’s needs and comfort.
- Invisible Solution: With clear aligners, you will get a beautiful smile in a short period of time.
- Best Technology: 3D printers, high-end intra-oral scanners and best materials of international standards are used at Sabka Dentist.
- Affordable: Invisible braces/clear aligners cost is now affordable at Sabka dentist with flexible EMI options provided by Bajaj Finserv/Snapmint. Thus, choose Sabka Dentist for affordable Invisible Braces Cost in Mumbai.
The world’s most advanced clear aligners/invisible braces are now available At Sabka dentist! Clear Aligner cost is now affordable with our EMI plan!
When should you consider Clear Aligner (Invisible braces)?
Crowding is a condition wherein you do not have sufficient space for all teeth to fit within the jawline and hence they overlap. The teeth may be rotated or overlap.
This is a condition where the upper and lower teeth do not meet in correct alignment and in some cases protrude outwards.
Underbite is a dental condition where the lower teeth are over or on top of the upper front teeth.
This is a condition where there is general misalignment of the two arches of the upper and lower teeth.
Gaps between teeth and space
Spacing or gaps on teeth is a condition where you have extra space between teeth resulting in gaps between the teeth.
An open bite is a common problem when your back teeth are closed which means the upper and lower teeth touch each other, but your front teeth do not touch because of which there is a gap that remains between the upper and lower teeth.
A deep bite is when upper front teeth are on top of or overlap the bottom front teeth when back teeth are closed. The lower teeth in such cases are almost invisible when the person smiles.
What are the Benefits of Clear Aligner?
- Invisible – Clear Aligners works in two ways, making it functional for the biting process and improve the asymmetry teeth in a proper position.
- Easy to brush and floss – Since Invisible braces are easily removable, you can continue to brush and floss as you normally do.
- Eating – with aligners, you can now eat food of your choice, without worrying about food getting stuck to brackets or wires, as you can remove them each time you eat.
- Playing Sports – You can safely play sports while wearing aligners.
How much does Clear Aligners cost?
Invisible braces cost is now affordable at Sabka dentist with easy payment options like 0% EMI & flexible payment options from Bajaj Finserve, Snapmint, etc.
|Cost||Rs. 60,000||Rs. 20,000 – Rs.60,000|
|Time required for Treatment||Wear for 20 hours per day. Treatment time differs from case to case.||Cemented onto teeth 24/7. Treatment time differs from case to case.|
|Maintaining Hygiene and Cleaning||Change of aligners is required every 2 weeks. Aligners need to be cleaned with a brush and rinsed.||Braces need to be kept clean of food lodgment by brushing and flossing. They can be cleaned using an interdental brush.|
|Visits to the Dental Clinic||First Visit for a Checkup, Second visit for a scan or impression, Third visit for delivery of aligners, Visit every 3 months for follow-up.||First Visit for a Checkup followed by a visit every month for wire tightening, wire and elastic changes.|
|Post Treatment Care||Needs a retainer to maintain keep the teeth in place.||Needs a retainer to maintain keep the teeth in place.|
|Perfect Solution for||Perfect for working professionals. It is also ideal for People who do not want orthodontic braces visible.||These work better for complex orthodontic cases which require large movements of teeth.|
FAQs for Clear Aligners
Patients have many questions to ask and it’s nice to give them the answers. We’ve provided answers to some of the most common questions asked about clear aligners, so that you and your staff are prepared.
In the beginning of the treatment you might feel discomfort because you are not used to the tray. But in a few days your teeth will get used to the aligners and the discomfort will become minimum
Invisible Braces or Clear Aligners do not impact your speech. You will be as comfortable to speak as before. Your eating habits can also remain the same since clear aligners can be removed while eating and drinking.
It is very important to keep your aligners clean and safe. Hence Sabka Dentist provides you a storage case with your aligners. Please keep your aligners in the case whenever you are not wearing them. Also, you can clean them with room temperature water (do not use hot water). You can also use denture cleaning tablets for cleaning your aligners.
Attachments are small bumps or nodules that are stuck on the teeth to improve the efficacy of the aligners and make the treatment faster. They also help in retention or keeping the aligners snuggly on the teeth. They are made from composite resin which is the same tooth coloured filling material that is used in dental cavity fillings. These are easily removed after completion of the treatment and do not leave any residue or mark.
The treatment time varies from patient to patient and is dependent on various factors like the alignment of the teeth, amount of misalignment, amount of movement required, tendency of the teeth to move which varies across patients etc.
Generally, simple cases take 12 to 18 months for completion of treatment but may take even more time or vary from case to case.
It is advised that for most optimum results and to maximise the efficiency and speed of the treatment, the aligners must be worn for 22 hours a day.
Invisible or Clear aligners are made from a polyurethane resin which has been specially formulated for orthodontic treatment. It has been crafted and tested extensively to make it a superior plastic for clear aligners: it leads the class in stress retention, crack & impact resistance, clarity, and stain resistance. And, of course, it has been thoroughly tested for biocompatibility.
No. Clear aligners provided by Sabka Dentist are made without BPA or phthalates.
Yes, there is generally no harm in doing clear aligner treatment since there is no invasive therapy or chemicals used that can cause harm or changes in your body. But we advise that you ask the dentist at Sabka Dentist before committing to the treatment.
Invisible Braces or Clear Aligners or Transparent Braces refer to the same treatment. Clear Aligners Treatment is an orthodontic treatment in which a series of transparent trays are worn by patient successive over a period of 12 to 24 months to move the misaligned teeth to the desired position. It is one of the latest innovations in orthodontic or braces treatment and is completely made using technologies like CAD/CAM digital dentistry, 3D printing and vacuum forming.
In most cases invisible braces or clear aligners work as efficiently as traditional braces but it changes or varies from case to case. The dentist at Sabka Dentist Clinic will advise you the treatment that suits the best for your specific dental problem.
Clear braces work in the same manner as traditional braces but with the added advantage of being clear, digital and personalized. Invisalign clear aligners give you a series of aligners that you wear for 2 weeks then move onto another set of aligners. These aligners move teeth with appropriate placement of gentle controlled movement on teeth. Invisible aligners control both the amount and timing of the movement. At each stage, only certain teeth are allowed to move – this results in a completely controlled and efficient force delivery system.
The treatment takes 12 to 24 months in most cases but can take more time for some cases. The treatment time is case depended and varies from patient to patient.
The following are the advantages and benefits of Clear Aligners or Invisible Braces:
- Can be removed while eating and drinking and hence no change in eating or drinking habits is required.
- They are very comfortable as compared to braces
- Clear Aligners are invisible because they are made from transparent plastic. This makes they the most aesthetic solution for orthodontic treatment. Traditional Orthodontic Brackets are very visible and may cause confidence issues during the treatment for the patient as they may impact the looks of the patient. Since Clear Aligners are transparent and invisible, they keep your looks as good as before and hence retain your confidence during the treatment.
Most orthodontic problems can be solved using invisible braces or clear aligners. However, your dentist will be the best judge of the correct and the most suitable treatment option for every individual patient.
- Weir, T. (2017). “Clear aligners in orthodontic treatment”. Australian Dental Journal. 10.1111/adj.12480. 28297094.
- Rossini, G.; Parrini, S.; Castroflorio, T.; Deregibus, A.; Debernardi, CL. (Nov 2014). “Efficacy of clear aligners in controlling orthodontic tooth movement: A systematic review”.
- Angle Orthod. 10.2319/061614-436.1. 25412265. The quality level of the studies was not sufficient to draw any evidence-based conclusions.
- John D. Da Silva, Oxford American Handbook of Clinical Dentistry, New York: Oxford University Press, p. 162.
- Yu, Y; Sun, J; Lai, W; Wu, T; Koshy, S; Shi, Z (6 September 2013). “Interventions for managing relapse of the lower front teeth after orthodontic treatment”. The Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews.10.1002/14651858.CD008734.pub2. 24014170.
- Basavaraj Subhashchandra Phulari (30 June 2013). History of Orthodontics. JP Medical Ltd.
- Rakosi, Thomas; Graber, Thomas M. (2010). Orthodontic and Dentofacial Orthopedic Treatment. Thieme.
- Melsen, Birte (3 February 2012). Adult Orthodontics. John Wiley & Sons. pp. 353
- Cowley, Daniel (August 1, 2012), Effect of Gingival Margin Design on Retention of Thermoformed Orthodontic Aligners, University of Nevada, retrieved March 11, 2014
- “The role of attachments in clear aligner treatment”. orthodonticsaustralia.org.au. November 2, 2018.
- “6 Things you didn’t know about clear aligners”. orthodonticsaustralia.org.au. October 18, 2018.
- Feder, Barnaby J. (18 August 2000). “Orthodontics Via Silicon Valley; A Start-Up Uses Computer Modeling And Venture Capital to Reach Patients”. The New York Times. p. 1.
- Liedtke, Michael (September 23, 2000). “Using new software, dentists straighten teeth without braces”. Associated Press. Retrieved January 9, 2014.
- Liedtke, Michael (January 26, 2001). “Align Technology Raises $130 Million in IPO”. Associated Press. Retrieved January 9,2014.
- Bush, Jewel (August 14, 2001). “Stealth Braces”. NYT Regional Newspapers. Retrieved January 9, 2013.
- Gretchen, Antelman (2008). International Directory of Company Histories.
- Lau, Gloria (May 3, 2004). “It has a bracing impact on patients; Align Technology”.
- “OrthoClear, Align end lengthy legal fight”. Silicon Valley Business Journal. September 28, 2006. Retrieved January 9, 2013.
- Benesh, Peter (March 19, 2007). “No More Mouthfuls of Metal”. Investor’s Business Daily. Retrieved January 9, 2013.
- Treatment of deep bite malocclusions”. BDJ.10.1038/sj.bdj.2014.164. 0007-0610.
- Plunkett, Jack W. (March 1, 2009). Plunkett’s Companion to the Almanac of American Employers 2009: Mid-Size Firms. Plunkett Research, Ltd. p. 134
- Edwab, Robert R. (2003). Essential Dental Handbook: Clinical and Practice Management Advice from the Experts. PennWell Books. p. 412.
- “Restructuring Roundup: Align to close New Jersey facility, will cut 119 jobs”. Medical Device Daily. September 9, 2011.
- “Align Technology and OrthoClear end Litigation” (PDF). Ortho Tribune. October 16, 2006. Retrieved January 7, 2013.
- “Inc. Company Profile Rank”. 2018-08-15.
- “ClearCorrect honored by Inc. magazine”. DrBicuspid.com. August 30, 2011.
- Del Williams (June 18, 2010). “A Clear Choice in the Dental Aligner Market: Doctors welcome options”. Archived from the original on June 22, 2010.
- “Dental Cosmetic Center of Houston”. Archived from the original on April 25, 2012.
- Lynn S. “Invisible braces”. ArchWired.com.
- Necessity Knows The Law – The Next Stage Bootstrapper, Texas CEO magazine, 10 January 2011
- Casey Wooten (August 23, 2009). “Competing at the cutting edge”. The Business Journals.
- CA Clear Aligner site
- EEcharri P, Echarri J. Updating CA Clear Aligner. Dental News 2017:24(4). available at http://www.dentalnews.com/2018/01/19/updating-ca-clear-aligner-therapy/
- “Align Technology Files Lawsuits Against ClearCorrect”. GlobeNewswire. February 2, 2011.
- “ClearCorrect denies patent infringement, countersues Align”. DrBicuspid.com. May 12, 2011.
- “Align Technology Files Patent Infringement and False Advertising Lawsuit Against SmileCareClub, Sharper Image, and”. CNN. October 22, 2015. Archived from the original on October 25, 2015.
- “Comparison of UK Clear Teeth Aligner Treatment Costs”. aligners.co.uk.
- “An Expert’s Guide to Clear Aligner Treatment” (PDF). orthodonticsaustralia.org.au.
- “Clear Braces Guide: Information on Types, Costs and More in the UK”. dentaly.org.
- “Clear Braces Guide: Information on Types, Costs and More”. dentaly.org.